Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July weekend... and "walking"

Hmph. No fireworks this year...again...which bums me out. I know I shouldn't sulk...even being as pregnant as I was, I was able to watch Thunder, so technically, I got my dose. On the other hand, it seems like every year we have something else happen that makes us miss the show.

We got an additional sitter last night, as well as KN, so K and I went to some friends for dinner and some cards. We haven't done that in ages and it was really good for us I think. We ordered pizza, I had my first beer since being pregnant (pump and dump ladies! :) ) and played spades. A lot of fun, but I had the mommy separation anxiety a little bit. I called 7 times in the course of the 5 hours that we were there, so I felt like the biggest nerd in the universe, but seeing as G's ear infection is flaring up again, I was worried about her. The doctors are starting to think they need to give her tubes for a while so that it doesn't have an effect on her speech any further. The speech therapist that we saw said she is a little behind in what she should be doing at her age, which worries me even more. I may be over reacting, but who knows.

The twins have been so active lately, it is wearing me out. J is the cool cat of the family and is probably the easiest.baby.ever. Such a sweety. I definitely think V had her first smile a couple of days ago (which I got on film shockingly). It might have just been gas or something, but it was pretty darn cute. I was testing the light with a test picture and she smiled right up at KN. Super cute. AND drum roll please....

G took her first steps yesterday!! Lots of milestones lately. She kind of tottered back and forth between the three of us, with a lot of help and then on her 5th try to me, she took about 4 steps before collapsing in my arms. She was thrilled with herself and with the fact that we all went nuts about it! I was so proud.

N slept through the night last night amazingly! They shouldn't be doing that yet, in my opinion, but you won't hear me complain. Although, I checked on him numerous times to be sure he was still breathing and so forth. Why is it that I just couldn't simply enjoy the extra sleep...but instead was up every three hours anyway to check on him? Another milestone. My kiddos are all growing up so fast... maybe it seems faster when they are all doing the same things at the same time almost, being that they are all under 1 for another month.

Ok, so last night...

K and I got home at around 12:30, and headed to bed almost immediately. Kiddo's were all asleep and the new sitter left. KN was also in bed, so it was nice to just slip into pj's and get into freshly washed sheets (which is probably one of the best things in the world, other than baby smiles that is...) So I was looking forward to at least 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep, when K starts cuddling with me. Now, don't get me wrong, I am a girl, I like to cuddle, but when it involves being enveloped in someone's arms to the point of suffocation, I get a little claustrophobic! He was pretty much asleep, so to escape his arms wasn't an easy task. The fact that we had one less baby awake last night should have meant that I feel rested this morning, but instead of getting more sleep, I woke up this morning for church with the worst crick in my neck from finally having to give up on not being cuddled with all night. I know that sounds cruel, but really...being that it never really happens much (because we are not big cuddlers), there wasn't a comfy position going on.

Alright, enough complaining about something that should have been a really good thing because of the fact that we have had quite a bit of tension since the twins were born.

Time to get a shower while I have everyone in bed. We may go to the park after dinner... we'll see. More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment