Saturday, June 13, 2009

Roses

Night terrors again last night. Completely overwhelming! I hate not being able to do anything for her... everything I have read says that they will pass and that there is nothing you can really do but ride them out. :(

K's step mom and Dad came today and took K the nanny (KN) and the 4 kiddos to the park. K and I for the first time in ages sat down and watched a movie, ate popcorn and chilled out. It was amazing. After the movie, we got to work, Ken mowed and weeded and I bathed the dogs and mopped the floors. Even with a housekeeper things get pretty filthy very quickly in this house. Afterwords, we both sat down on the couch and watched House reruns. I fell asleep and I woke up an hour later (When does a mom of 4 actually get to nap??) to the smell of roses.

Now, for those of you that just recently started following our story, K and I have known each other for 7 years. Every year that we have been together, he has given me a rose bush. When we got the house, I finally could take them out of their enormous pots and put them in the ground. We have a very pretty rose garden going. He went out this afternoon while I was napping and picked 4 roses (one for each of the kids) and put them in a bud vase next to where I was sleeping. Today was a much needed good day.

Update on court stuff: Not looking good, at all. J is scheduled to get on a plane at the end of next week unless we can miraculously pull something out of a hat. Still working on it, but our chances aren't looking very good for right now. After 72 hours of straight payment for a round the clock team, I was expecting a better report than, sorry, we are stuck as the answer.

Per request of a reader, I will details some of our marriage counseling letters that we are to write. The letter is basically to address a couple certain things. Everything must be an "I feel" or something of the equivalent. We are to tell about our insecurities, worries and issues with each other, then we are to write about one thing that would alleviate the pressure of one of those issues. And lastly, we are to rehash what we want out of our relationship, or family etc. Basically, the way she described it to us is to describe the fairy tale or the picket fence life from your perspective, but to absolutely not color it with the issues that we are having. So I couldn't say "Life would be a fairytale if you would help around the house" It is a more broad thing...like you are writing a happily ever after. It is a work in progress. We have a session tomorrow, so that will certainly be a good thing.

G just now went down...and hopefully stays asleep for more than a few hours. I probably should get rest too, just in case. Sad that it is 8:30 and I am about to put myself in bed. LOL, who would have thought.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you and K got to spend some time together and that counseling is going well! How sweet about the roses! :) My heart is breaking over J :( I am praying hard that something can be found to keep him in your arms. I cant even believe that is happeneing :( Praying Praying Praying for change

    ReplyDelete