Friday, January 8, 2010

Quarter Life Crisis

Well, 26 years ago on this day, my mom came off bedrest to deliver me a month and 6 days early. I was supposed to be a Valentines baby, but there I was, January 8th at 5:57 in the morning.

Who would have thought that 26 years later, I would give my mom 4 grandchildren all in 2 years time. I am not sure what I thought my life would be at 26, but it has slightly freaked me out a bit, thinking of all the things I wanted to have accomplished by now. Don't get me wrong! My life is like a fairy tale (sometimes)! 4 beautiful children, a wonderful husband, a house that is completely ours, and a job that I love, even if my 6 years of schooling has nothing to do with it. I would love to have done more traveling or even just been a little more irresponsible sometimes, but I love my life. Who would have thought that in my 26 years I would have accomplished all of these great things, completely unplanned. God laughs when you make plans. We are surely the case.

Ken and I met April 2002, and started dating January 4th, 2003. We got married Jan 7th, 2006 and started trying to get pregnant nearly right after the wedding day. After moving to the "south", we bought a beautiful house overlooking the river with a big yard, horsebarn and a wrap around porch. We are still remodeling, but its a process. (I will post pictures of our bathroom remodel that we are finishing hopefully this weekend soon!) We welcomed Gia to our lives in August of 2008 after a lot of trying and fertility treatments, adopted Jackson in April of 2009 and in May of 2009 welcomed our twins Noah and Violet as a wonderful surprise that we hadn't planned. It is amazing how God works and I will agree with one of my fellow bloggers, the twists and turns of this path of life could have led us in another direction entirely if anything small would have changed.

I will say that I feel like I have SOOOO much more to accomplish, things that I thought I would have thought that I would have done already. I better get cracking! I don't really like the whole New Years resolution business, but I do know that I still have a LOT of baby weight to get off, so I joined a gym that is 24 hours, so now I don't have an excuse. I have already lost about 5 pounds, hopefully it will stay off!

I have a night photoshoot for an engagement session. Sooo much fun. Overlooking the skyline tonight. I will try to post those with consent from the couple. I need to get ready because it is almost dark (and it is not even 6:00!!!) Happy Birthday Jennifer!

sdg

No comments:

Post a Comment