Monday, June 7, 2010

Date Night (a while ago!)

Ken and I went to the Red's game vs. the Cardinals. A lot of fun! I love this picture of Ken, not so much of me, but one that was printed and framed. We bought bleacher seats and walked around a lot. We met up with a bunch of my sorority sisters from college at our old hangout. It was kind of sad. I miss them so much. The other pictures were taken with my point and shoot, being that my good camera is in "the shop" being fixed, it was all I had. Pretty good zoom on the thing though and relatively clear for how far back we were standing.

The kiddos stayed with Mamaw and Pop Pop and spent a lot of time by the pool that day. Violet got a nasty sunburn. Ken's step mom felt AWFUL!! It wasn't too bad. She has very delicate skin, she would have been pink regardless of how much SPF you applied. All of the kids are going to swimming lessons at the boat club. All still with floaties, but all of them but Noah love the water. He is still a little tentative about it.

We have found that "DATE NIGHT" has been critical lately. To give us a little of the sanity of being just us for a while. Kind of reminds me how it was before adding to our brood so quickly. Gia has been to a couple of games, but buying 6 tickets and hotdogs and popcorn and peanuts and drinks and cotton candy gets crazy expensive!!!

Ken grew up 4 miles away from the high school that Scott Rolen went to, who is a player on the Red's. Every time we watch a game he reminds me that he pitched to him and struck him out a bunch of times. Ken was "drafted" out of high school, but decided to go to college instead. After college, his mom got very sick, and now, he says he is way too old to pursue it anymore. Apparently 30 is ancient in baseball. I think he should at least try to walk on with the Louisville Bats, which is a Red's AAA team.

Things have picked up at work. Lots of wedding shoots. They are my favorite because it is literally an opportunity to catch some very raw emotion. My favorite pictures are always when the groom sees his bride for the first time when she is walking down the aisle. The look on every single one of their faces is priceless.

Spaghetti for dinner tonight, a family favorite. It is hard to live up to Grandma's though. I try, but generally it's P.rego from a jar and box noodles. It is a lot of work to make real Italian spaghetti. Especially for 6!! I will have to post pictures of our vegetable garden sometime soon. We are growing a bunch of tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers. Gia has already tried to go out and eat green ones off of the vine.

Time to start cooking. I am getting some grumpy kiddos and a crabby daddy. More later.

sdg

No comments:

Post a Comment