Sunday, November 21, 2010

Keeping up with the....

Kids. Watching reruns of Keeping up with the Kardashians, hence the title. (embarrassed to admit it, but this show is kind of my celebrity "smut" fix. But seriously...


Holy crap it has been a crazy crazy day. Keeping up is truly exactly what I did. My helpers are both completely sick, Katie and Ken have been in bed all day, leaving me with all the kiddos to chase around. I have quarantined the two of them to the guest house so that the rest of us might be spared. I didn't have a clue how fortunate I was in having people to help me with the brood. Gia was in a horrible mood all day today, and has taken to hitting her brothers and sister if the mood strikes her. I d
on't know how many times I said "We don't hit people we love" today. We spent a lot of time in timeout today. So aggravating, especially because spending the time dragging her back and forth to timeout (when she refused to stay there) was keeping me from keeping an eye on the other three. In the meantime, Jackson got stuck behind the couch...we need some more babyproofing I think, because by the time I was able to get him out he was gasping because he was crying so hard. He panicked...absolutely panicked. Poor kid. It took me a long time to get him completely calmed down. Noah and Violet were so worried, they both started getting upset...it was like a domino effect.
Yesterday we took a trip into the mountains and drove around Rocky Mountain National Park. We saw a ton of wildlife and had to wait for a moose to get out of the road to pass. It was huge and a little scary too. See the pictures above. Incredible. The kids slept through the second half of the trip, but Ken and I had so much fun...it was so peaceful and eerily quiet when you are used to 4 little voices interrupting your every thought. We didn't even have the radio on at all. We got high enough in the mountains that we saw a little snow. Gia loved that. She kept pointing at it and wanting us to take her over to it. I just can't imagine how everything is going to be when we get 12 inches or more.
I need to quit procrastinating and get some work done. Working on a presentation for a big client for Wednesday when all I want to be doing is planning our Thanksgiving. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment