Monday, November 15, 2010

M.I.A.


We have been missing IN ACTION. So sorry guys. I have received your emails, just haven't mad any time to get on the computer until now. I capitalize IN ACTION because we have been so incredibly busy. We went back to Ohio and Kentucky the last two weeks to visit family. Ken, Jackson and Gia stayed behind to get quality time with mamaw and popop Smith. I had to come back for work, and brought the twins with me because they had doctors appointments with our new pediatrician.

So the trip recap. Ohio for a week and then Kentucky for a week. It was a whirlwind and we didn't fit everything in, at all. But it was a good visit. Ohio started with a huge family weekend on the lake, some fishing...so much fun. The kiddos loved the boat... I was a nervous wreck, even with everyone in life jackets...I needed a big glass of wine after that, but it was great to watch Gia "drive" the boat...that was her favorite part. After the boat, we went back to the house and ate...and ate....and ate....food comas then ensued and I actually got a relatively good nights rest (first in 3 years it seems like!) because not only were we stuffed and lethargic, but the day in the sun on the boat took a lot out of us all.

Ken and I went to a Halloween party the next night with old friends. It was wonderful to see everyone. It is one of those things that you can count on every year. Same place, 2nd weekend of October...bring a costume and finger food. Picture below. :)


Dorothy and the scarecrow. Ken's "makeup" lasted all of 10 minutes and then he washed it off. We had a great time, nice to get away. I took a picture of my shoes later that night...only because I knew that pictures wouldn't show them. They were a great find....8 dollars in the Walmart kids department. :)

4 years ago this same party lasted until 4am. This year? Midnight. We are all getting old with kids that wear us out...big time. No longer drinking games or jello shots...we share pictures of our kids and drink tea. Boring? Not one bit. Just different. The kids stayed with the grandparents for the night.

Kentucky brought more of the same...eating...friends...family. We went to Mammoth Cave and went to the Science center to see the Pirate exhibit with Gia and then Ken and I saw a movie at the IMAX. It always makes me feel a little dizzy watching movies there. We only had 3 days in Kentucky, so it was sad for the twins and I to have to go, but its great that Ken gets to have a week with his family and Gia and Jackson get a chance to hang out with his side of the family.

Yesterday being a lazy Sunday off, the kids and I went to the park. We had to bundle up because it was a little chilly for them. They had a blast! I have been trying to take more pictures of outings and every day life...maybe going to start a flickr...it might be easier to keep up with than a blog. We shall see. Below is one of my favorites. :)


They love each other. All of you other twin mommies...do you feel like they have a different kind of bond with each other? It has been more and more apparent to me as the kids play all together. It's like they have a constant inside joke together or something.

Enough for tonight. I have work to do for a new account that I could be closing on this week. Cross your fingers for me...this could mean a big time promotion, but at least some good money. Have a wonderful evening ladies. :)

sdg

1 comment:

  1. So glad to get an update! Your trip sounds like it was so fun! The kids are adorable and your cute red shoessss-- SOOO perfect!!

    ReplyDelete